Monday, May 5, 2008

spywares and cheeseburger


My sleeping pattern giddiness vanished on an instant when I already faced the computer. The usual sites I visit were fine then, but not until an influx of self-activating pop-ups and self-navigating browsers flooded my screen, one of them says: the system has detected a number of active spyware applications that may impact the performance of your computer. They are claiming that my computer is infected with different viruses, spywares and the like and it needs an immediate remedy. soon after, homepages of anti-virus advertisements inundated my computer-- professional malware programs, XP antivirus, down-loadable security soft-wares and free trial antispywares. I tried to install all of them but all of them are resetting, and the dialog balloon on my task bar shows warning messages and critical level alerts. I'm now on a panicky mood. A Windows XP affiliate type of program activated at last, and it started scanning my computer for threats. It verified 197 infections, and they were spyware, adware, trojan, worm, rogue and dialer type of malware. They are of various forms and nature but serves only one purpose- the obliteration of your computer files and privacy. The dialog balloon then informs me of a backdoor created by the spywares, and that the performance of my computer slowed by 40 %. My fingers were fumbling for the letters on the keyboard just to get rid of the unnecessary programs, and I felt a sense of grief that it will be my computer's last day, so I exited all the web-pages and turned off the computer...'twas my last resort, and alas, my brother who has the technical skills and computer proficiency came at home. I just left him after telling the entire scene, and after some minutes, he told me everything was fine, I almost forgot to breathe. Ah, it was a close one.


what's with the cheeseburger?

nah, nothing =b

No comments: