Tuesday, May 6, 2008

rainy day blues


The previous rain shower brought fuzz once again. Not only that it made a clamorous sound and produced a tremendous liquid amount (which I can conclude, at its degree, low areas would be left flooded on an instant.) but it also wrecked the gutter of our auxiliary kitchen. The result, a dramatic water cataract with an uncontrolled water flux. I can't help but remember last year's super-typhoon Milenyo as it unmercifully bashed and banged the G.I. roof of our draft kitchen, (or the dirty kitchen, if you wish to call it) and left other houses within a mile radius all with the same pitiable fate. Good thing, my idea of a protective canopy along the alley of our house worked as a deterrent to the onslaught of rain-showers, and the unconventional trapal we used to have was supplanted. My father said that if only I have graduated a couple of years ago, I could have designed and planned our new house because he couldn't stand some flaws on the design (which in fact is more flawed than he can see.) What I'm trying to insinuate here was the strength of houses and structures, and all the things my architect-professors inculcated on our minds is the architectural quintessence- aesthetics, purpose and strength. As I see my self practicing my chosen profession years from now, I can guarantee superiority on strength of materials as it is necessarily the rudiment of a good building, and by being reminded that oxidized gutters must be replaced.

"The House is a Machine to Live in..."

-Le Corbusier

No comments: