Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Incompetent Teachers

As my fingers fidget while typing this blog entry, arbitrary ideas were popping in inside my mind. I had typed this because I want to vent out my resentment to those teachers who do nothing but impart nonsense knowledge among their students. Well, in terms of incompetent teachers, our University is never in want. It is a commonplace scenario for students to blacklist, detest and curse ineffective teachers and aver the bluffs and blunders these professors have committed over and over again. I am not generalizing all teachers as totally inept when it comes to teaching, but the smoking gun of their dismal deeds still lingers in the mouths of students. I know a professor who is a professional engineer, but he/she is incapable of teaching well, he/she shirks her duty of inculcating the appropriate knowledge to his/her students. I do not harbor enmity towards that professor, nor grudge to other professions, but this person does things terribly. I daresay, that if you are a licensed professional of the technical field, it doesn't necessarily mean that you can teach well because you are good at your career. Teaching, some people do not know, is a separate vocation to be pursued, another profession to be learned first, and must be borne in heart and in mind with seriousness. It requires dedication and a giver-receiver rapport. I wonder if all these incompetent teachers were lessened on our school, then the number of competent and well-rounded graduates of our University could have multiplied. Enough of wishful thinking.

No comments: