Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Bibliophile

I am an amateur book-lover. I've decided to pursue reading books as an educational, recreational and as a self-fulfilling hobby slash duty when I was first year college (I'm only fifteen years old then). With the myriad treasures and literary satisfaction that can be found and extracted by reading, I've made a stand: I'll be collecting and having those books that I've already read and must-read items I've overheard, referred to and browsed through the Internet. But collecting books is not a cinch.

I always cry foul to see exorbitant prices and taxed books in mainstream bookstores. Why do they oppress and limit the reading capacity of people who can't afford books of such price ranges. That's insufferable indeed. Dead authors still posthumously make a killing through their expensive and bestselling literary tour-de-force. Or is it the publishers? Damn lucky dummies. Anyhow, this is not the intention of my blog entry. I'm here to list down my ever-expanding collection of my own books. I've already read the majority of them, the minority is still pushed to the back-burner and hoarded as though books are edible tangibles.


The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle – Haruki Murakami

Sabbath’s Theater – Philip Roth

The Rachel Papers – Martin Amis

Atonement – Ian McEwan

Atomised – Michel Houellebecq

The Possibility of an Island – Michel Houllebecq

The Other Side of Midnight – Sidney Sheldon

The Tunnel Rats – Stephen Leather

War of the Worlds – H.G. Wells

The Picture of Dorian Gray – Oscar Wilde

The Great Gatsby – F. Scott Fitzgerald

The Fountainhead – Ayn Rand

Mr. Murder – Dean Koontz

False Memory – Dean Koontz

The Prophet – Kahlil Gibran

The Man Whose Teeth Was Exactly Alike – Philip K. Dick

The Tale of Two Cities – Charles Dickens

The Lord of the Flies – William Golding

BFG – Roald Dahl

Fiesta: The Sun Also Rises – Ernest Hemingway

Gargantua and Pantagruel – Francois Rabelais

The Catcher in the Rye – J. D. Salinger


No comments: