Tuesday, October 21, 2008

a close encounter with the third kind

Before I went home last night, I had a very harrowing experience that I will never forget, an experience worse than seeing strange entities and apparitions of the deceased. Walking on a dimlit alley near TUP along Ayala Blvd, the traffic light going straight of the way going to Taft Avenue turned green. As I saw it, I hurried my steps so that I can cross the opposite street. With all my force, I ran fast and the green light turning yellow was the last thing I saw. An open waterway caught my left foot up to my knee.

The fall made me lunged forward and my left hand hit the concrete road. The result, the concrete scraped the flesh below my knee and a little portion of skin in my palm was peeled off. And before I could get out my foot out of the waterway, the headlights of the passing cars flooded my sight. I mustered some confidence to stand firmly. Good thing is, there were no people from around to see such disgrace. The pain suddenly brought me back to my senses, and the left part of my pants was soaked. It began to smell, and I found out that the waterway is a passage for leachate! C'mon, it's leachate! I did not mind the foul smell, and I hurried to go to the nearest public toilet to wash all the dirt and grunge I have accumulated.

I was disgruntled with what had happened and I started to mentally curse those sloven Pulis Oysters or any of those who are in charge of sanitation in that place for not putting covers in the waterway. But I know in my part that the blame is on me, because I did not look to where I am walking. Again, another maladroit feat was added to my record, but this time, I have learned my lesson.

No comments: